2014-03-28

Fun with crochet food

I love to make crochet food. They work up quick and kids love them! I think they're especially great for kids to play with while you're trying to get dinner made. That way they can help you make dinner (without getting under foot)!

1 - Carrots are one thing that are great any way you want to eat them. My favourite is fresh from the garden! Nothing better than that crisp snap as you bite into one.




2 - What better way to end a cold day than with a cup of hot cocoa?


3 - Every time I bake cookies, my husband has to "taste test" them to be sure I don't go out with a bad batch. Isn't that so thoughtful of him? I think these chocolate chip cookies may have a bit too much fiber ;)


4 - I love clementines. Much easier to peel than regular oranges and so compact and full of flavour! These are a favourite snack in my house..


5 - Strawberries are great fruit fresh from the garden. I remember picking them from my grandmother's garden (some were always missing on the way back to the house) to make jams and desserts with.


6 - Apples are a great snack in the day. And so versatile too. They can be a healthy treat or baked into pies or even just dipped in caramel. Any way you slice them, they're delicious!


7 - Bacon and pancakes is a favourite breakfast for my husband. He smells these cooking in the morning and comes running!


8 - I love pumpkin anything. Pie, tarts, cookies, bread, you name it! I wait all year long for this delicious fall classic.


9 - A happy banana makes happy bellies an another healthy snack!


10 - I don't know about you, but I crave a good juicy hamburger now and again.



How yummy do these look? Food the kids can play with! At least with these the dinner table isn't a mess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment