2014-03-17

A new cap from Jake and The Neverland Pirates

It's amazing sometimes how your going about your day and someone asks you about your crochet.

This happened to me the other day.

I went to the doctor for a check up and the nurse checking me in saw my son's pacifier clip and asked if I made anything else. I replied that yes I make all kinds of things. She wanted a cap for her daughter. Specifically a cap from a character from her favourite TV show: Izzy of Jake and the Neverland Pirates.





Seeing as how my son isn't really old enough to pay attention to what's on TV, I had to look up who this Izzy was. Upon doing some research and checking out as many pictures as I could, I had a firm image in my mind of how I wanted to work this up. And this is the result. I'm really quite proud of it and how cute it came out. I can hardly wait to see her face when she sees it :)


The really fun part was working up the little ties at the back. Getting just the right size and shape took a little trial and error but was well worth it!


I made this up for a toddler, but this pattern can easily be made for a younger or older child as the case goes. Just need to add or subtract increasing rows to get to your desired size. I worked up a handy dandy chart to help with this. You can also work this up in any colour you'd like as well. I used Red Heart yarn's Raspberry and Baby pink for this one to make it as close to the cartoon as possible.


The pattern is available on my Ravelry page, so please feel free to pop on over and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment