2014-03-14

Itty Bitty Crochet - oh the possibilities!

I have been crocheting for years, and upon finding this book at the bookstore, it seemed like the crochet world I thought I knew had suddenly found a new street that had never been seen before.

I'm not talking about a new technique (although those are always *a lot* of fun despite my husband's amusement at how easy it can be to entertain me), I'm talking about a new material. Instead of using yarn, this crochet uses sewing floss. Yes you read correctly. Floss. The kind that cross stitchers use. The best part is that sewing floss keeps up with the colours available in regular yarn. So you don't have to feel like your loosing out on the colour spectrum by changing mediums.



Upon seeing this book, I started looking at all my patterns in a new light. Voodoo Maggie (or Erin Clark) has some absolutely adorable patterns in here, but this can really be used further to create miniatures of whatever little amigurumi creation your heart can think of! So along with these little cuties, I think it would be fun to see how else I can use this great new idea in my crochet. I know what I'll be playing with this weekend!

Itty Bitty Crocheted Critters by Erin Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment