2014-03-11

My Guilty Pleasure



I don't have much of a sweet tooth much to the horror of my husband who has enough sweet tooth for the both of us. One thing I can never resist though is rice pudding. Now most people like it cold. I prefer it hot with raisins in it. The creamy goodness and sweet/savory spices do me in every time.



Now sadly, I am lactose intolerant. So to fulfill this guilty pleasure, milk alternatives must be employed. Now I have found that almond milk does the best job. It's thicker than rice milk or soy milk so it mimics that creaminess much better.

This is the best recipe I have found so far for this wonderful dessert. Again, I add in raisins but I think any small dried fruit would add a different dimension. What do you like to add to your rice pudding?

No comments:

Post a Comment