2014-03-12

Time to get your nerd on!

To me, being called a nerd isn't a bad thing. It's much more freeing than trying to keep up with the latest trends. Plus I adore the creativity of it all. The sky isn't even the limit. If you can imagine it, it can exist and I love that. Here's a little taste of the nerdiness that I enjoy and I hope you will too.

1 - Jayne's hat - from Kim Werker at CrochetMe. While Fox may have cancelled Firefly, Jayne's hat will live on!





2 - Doctor Who's scarf - This is technically knitting, but if you can't knit, you can translate it to crochet and just make sure you have the right number of rows of colours and your good to go! Now just to remember where the TARDIS is parked...



3 - Yoda hat - from Teri at Knot Your Nana's Crochet. Make his hat you must.



4 - Big Daddy - from Emjay at Nerdigurumi. I love playing Bioshock but boy these guys can kick your butt if you aren't paying attention! Make this little guy and maybe they'll take it easy on you.



5 - Iron Man Handwarmers - from Kottdjur. Why just keep your hands warm when you can do it with style too?


6 - Brain slugs - from Louie's Loops. A brain slug on a headband would be the perfect accessory!


7 - Yub Nub Scoodie - from Kristen Stevenson. I have been in love with this scoodie since I first saw it. Halloween with my son can't come soon enough!


8 - Pac Man Ghosties - from Rachell at Lil Bit of Sunshine. I think we all know the racing heartbeat of these little guys getting closer and closer!


9 - Super Mario Bros. Fire Flower  - from Penelope at Let's all get knitfaced, This was always my favourite to get playing Super Mario Bros. That way I didn't die when I timed the attack wrong :)


10 - Weeping Angel  - from Shirley at Shirley MacDonald Designs on Ravelry. Don't blink around these little angels!


There's plenty more nerdy crochet out there to find, these are just a fun little taste. Embrace your inner (or outer) nerd and start hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment