2014-12-16

I am Groot?

Yeah. I love this movie. Guardians of the Galaxy is probably one of Marvel's best. I'm also in love with the soundtrack, but then it's nostalgia for me :)




So once I found this pattern, I just had to make it.

I really recommend using a nice tweed yarn for this versus any solid or variegated yarn. The tweed gives it a great woody texture that really lends to Baby Groot. I used Sublime Luxurious Tweed DK in Bergamot. This was my first time using a tweed and I must say, I do love it. So give it a try if you haven't, you'll be pleasantly surprised.



The pot and faux moss is from Joann's. Now I know Baby Groot was in a white pot, but I didn't feel like painting this one and I think he looks pretty good in terra cotta.

He was quite easy and lots of fun to do too. I'd love too see your creations, feel free to post a photo to show him off! :)

So go start working on a Guardian of your very own!


No comments:

Post a Comment