2014-12-17

Frozen Tides Blanket

A good friend of mine has a daughter that's getting married. So she asked me if I would crochet a quilt for a wedding gift for her. Since I love her dearly, I said no problem.

I took this as an opportunity to work up a simple yet beautiful quilt pattern. Something wedding worthy. Using her wedding colours (the Frozen colours of blue tones and silvers), so I used Red Heart's Icelandic. This was actually a little bit of kismet that I had picked up a few skeins of this yarn the day before. After needing to do this quilt, I had to go buy out my local Joann's.




On to the pattern!

This pattern is super easy and works up pretty quickly and can be adjusted to fit the length and width you need.

ch = chain
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
sk = skip
sp = space

Yarns: Red Heart Super Saver Icelandic
           Red Heart Super Saver Turqua
           Red Heart Super Saver Aruba Sea
5.5 mm (US I) hook

Ch a a multiple of 3 + 2 to desired width.

Row 1: Sk the 1st 2 ch, sc in the 3rd ch from the hook. Ch 1, sk 1, sc in the next ch. Repeat this until the end of the ch. Ch 2 then turn.
Row 2: Sc in the 1st ch sp, ch 1. Repeat until the end of the row, ch 2 and turn.

Repeat Row 2 until you have 20" of this.

Row 3: Hdc in the 1st ch sp, ch 1. Repeat this until the end of the row, ch 2 and turn.

Repeat this for desired width according to the chart below.


Now from here, it will be alternating between the sc and hdc. Your finished measurements will look something like this depending on which size blanket you're making.

Twin: 66"x90"    Full: 80"x90"    Queen: 90"x100"       King: 108"x100"
      20" of sc            20" of sc                20" of sc                 20" of sc
      5" of hdc            5" of hdc               10" of hdc               10" of hdc
      10" of sc            10" of sc                10" of sc                 10" of sc
      20" of hdc          20" of hdc              20" of hdc              20" of hdc
      10" of sc            10" of sc                10" of sc                 10" of sc
      5" of hdc            5" of hdc               10" of hdc               10" of hdc
      20" of sc            20" of sc                 20" of sc                20" of sc                                                                       
                                                                          
These measurements are before the edging is completed so the completed measurements will be a smidge bigger. But then it gives for a little wiggle room on the final piece that I prefer (gives for a bit more drape when the bed is made).


To do the edging I did it in 2 stages. First, I used Aruba Sea for one time around the blanket. Second, I changed to Turqua and did a blanket stitch and in the last row, then just a simple single crochet around, and weave in the ends.

Please enjoy and let me know if you have any questions!

Please do not sell this pattern as your own. Feel free to sell finished pieces but please credit me for the pattern :) Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment