2014-05-06

Coffee or Tea?

Yes! Both are right when the question is scones. Especially when there are so many wonderfully different kinds! The best part about scones? They give you that filly bready feel without all the labour intensiveness of bread and rolls.

Now don't let them scare you. They really are that easy. And to prove it, here's some of my favourite kinds to have with my coffee.

Banana bread is always a slightly sweet, rich bread. These banana bread scones are no different. There are great the way they are, but when I made them I had run out of chocolate chips. But I did have butterscotch chips. This was amazing providence and I didn't even know it yet. That simple change made these amazing. Not to sweet, still very banana-y and very hard to say no to!




Blueberry cream scones with meyer lemon icing, are a great way to end the day. it fixes that evening sweet tooth without being horribly unhealthy for you. The slight tartness of the lemon brings out the sweetness of the blueberries and is one of my favourites with a cup of coffee. The added bonus for me is that I can nibble on them while I get my son to sleep (which any mother can tell you, sometimes takes a while with babies!)



More blueberry goodness! These blueberry and rosemary scones bring sweet and savory together beautifully. Make sure to remember to chop up the rosemary well! It not only saves you from the sharp little pinprick leaves, but wakes up that savory flavor.



I have a confession. I will bake/cook almost anything with pumpkin in it. So I just had to make these when I found this recipe for pumpkin and sage scones. These are more on the savory side but the pumpkin adds its subtle sweetness to make these delicious!



Sweet potatoes can be used in a variety of ways. I'll bet you never thought of them used in scones though! These sweet potato scones are more savory than sweet but still keep the sweetness of the sweet potato. Definitely a yummy treat to have with your coffee!



Vanilla bean scones have that wonderfully subtle sweetness that vanilla has. And I love it.




These are some of my favourite scones. Although there are many, many recipes out there for any kind of scone you can imagine. Make a few batches, brew some coffee (or tea) and invite your friends over and impress them with these simple, delicious treats!





No comments:

Post a Comment