2014-02-25

Pacifiers with Legs

I'm pretty sure we've all had those sneaky pacifiers grow legs and walk off.

Ok I know it's just out kiddos spitting them out at inopportune times and they go rolling off into oblivion.

Here's my take on those blessed little clips that snap to their little onsies to keep them firmly attached even if they should spit them out. I worked this up using the bobble stitch.

You can use any worsted weight yarn you want but I like to use the variegated stuff to keep it nice and colourful for little ones. You will also need the little suspender clips, most craft stores carry these in the notions section. I found mine in little 2 packs at Joann's.







R1: Ch 20, sl st to join



R2: Ch 35, in the 2nd ch from the hook, dc. Dc in the next 2 ch, *dc5tog (bobble stitch - this links to a wonderful tutorial on Tamara's Mooglyblog page on how to do this stitch. Once you work it a few times its super easy, you just have to make sure to keep track of how many double crochets you do!), ch 2 repeat around. Sl st in the next ch to join to the original ring.



R3: Sl st around the entire piece. Once you get to the clip, fold the 1st 3 dc around the clip hook and sl st the two sides together. Sl st along the dc to the other side and continue back to the original ring. FO using seamless finishing.



For the seamless finishing, I would like to refer you again over to Tamara's page. She has a wonderful tutorial on how to finish seamlessly in the round.


Here's how I worked the attachment to the pacifier. I prefer this style cause it can't accidently slip off and works on whatever pacifier you might have!

Please do not sell this pattern as your own. Feel free to sell finished pieces but please credit me for the pattern :) Thank you!

Enjoy and please feel free to share photos of yours! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment